Avon’s CR500 was developed specifically for the demands placed on tyres by Caterham’s lightweight, powerful sportscars. It was originally developed as a bespoke tyre for the original Superlight R500 but is now standard fitment across Caterham’s entire Superlight range. Derived from Avon’s motorsport range of products, the road-legal CR500s have a track-inspired, aggressive tread pattern designed to shift water and offer increased grip in wet conditions. The CR500 features are:
Staggering wet and dry performance
– List 1B permitted race tyre
– Tyre design draws on 25 years of race tyre technology and development
– Full racing tread compound
– Manufactured entirely within the motorsport manufacturing unit
– Tyre construction utilises exotic cutting edge materials that are not found within a road tyre
– Designed with Caterham for Caterham using both Avon and Caterham engineers and completing hours testing on the track and the road.
– The CR500 is a road legal racing tyre.
– Ultra light weight contruction